We had the opportunity to hear Mark Eich Principal CLA speak at an event for surety bond producers and underwriters at an event held by Clifton Larson Allen. Mark is Principal in charge of the Information Security Services Group at CliftonLarsonAllen. His presentation was informative as well as entertaining.
A few tips from the presentation are below.
- Do not click links within an email. Open your browser and go to the website directly
- Always use multi factor authentication when logging in to accounts
- Always verify through phone calls or other methods before following instructions for wiring money.
- Freeze your personal credit when not in the process of utilizing it
- When using mobile phones, always use company specific apps as opposed to the browser, they are more secure.
- Have a team and plan in place before a cyber-attack occurs.
- Be sure to have cyber insurance coverage and understand what the policy does and does not cover